Monday, August 17, 2009

Vet Visit

The crew just went to the vets to get their microchip. I went with the vets so I could get our new owners 24 Hour Pet Watch. They get registered with the CKC in the same way but cost a bit more this way and you get the added feature that the owners can track their dog if they ever get lost. I rather like that.

The pups went on their first car ride. No one peed or pooed in the crate. We did take them out at Rita's house on our way back. They all went. They got back in the car and we visited Penny's pups but ours stayed in the air conditioned car and by the time we hit the DVP, Missy was yelping. I figured she may be hungry. Into the house we went. Nathan let them all out in the x-pen and they scrambled to get to the pad to go. I am WAY impressed!

They didn't eat much at home but fell back to sleep. This is usual with the shots. They will probably be sore for 24 hours. This too will pass. On Septembet 14th, they are due for their next set of shots.

At Rita's they had no issues with a new surroundings - new dogs - at the vets - same. I am sure the commotion of our house helps them get slow conditioned to chaos - well not chaos but you know what I mean - always new things going on. It's a good thing so when they go home to you, they will have already had many exposures to make the transition easier.

Hearts are all great, patellas excellent, eyes, normal, bite great - all deemed healthy.

After Nathan gets back from Chicago we will get their hearing checked and we will be including the report in with their shots.

Pups are doing really well. I am sooooooooooo impressed! Oh and teeth - oh my are they popping out everywhere. :-) We are practicing OUCH!

No comments:

Post a Comment