Thursday, July 30, 2009

Outside Living and Counting

Nathan is not here today so it's me and the dawgs. So, I decided to put an x-pen outside and put the pups outside getting them conditioned to grass, to smells and to the sun and shade.

We had a lawnmower going next door - a dog barking non stop and kids screaming. A couple of them were unsure about all this change and noise but I kept them out for a solid 15 minutes.

I had a blanket for comfort for them - an old one we had from a couple of litters ago.

I started skimming the pool ignoring the whimpers from 2 as Wasabi was. She's my cue in nothing is wrong - just a change and they started playing and stopped being concerned. But then I walk over to the pen and I can only count 4. I know I put 5 in and there was no way of an escape so I looked under the blanket and one was huddled in playing with the grass. So, I took that one and placed it on the top and put my skimmer away and counted 4 again. No one under the blanket but one is in the tunnel.

Do you know how many times us human moms and canine moms count 1-2-3-4-5? You do it all the time but I said time to go inside. It's easier counting inside when you are alone. hehehehe

Pups are now fast asleep and I have to groom dogs and do pages. It never ends. It's fun but wow if you are alone with 5 - it's a lot of work doing it the way we do. I wouldn't do it any other though.

No comments:

Post a Comment