Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Today Went Blip

Not sure what happened. We had someone come by to see the dawgs and I had a difficult page that I was building trying to figure out layout to maximize the look which did take my focusing.

I did my usual grooming. Didn't get to Wasabi or Risa yet but I do things here and there and work and pups and...well you get the picture.

Suddenly I was dizzy - nauseous...as if I was on a car ride reading with my head down. It came on fast and I couldn't get control over it so I said to the son - watch the pups - told the hubby - watch the dogs - the world is rotating and I am sick. I have to lay down. I did - and 3 hours later I am better.

Still have no clue what it was but glad it's over.

But in the meanwhile I missed puppy moments. sigh. Still - before and after then - they are giving me many camera moments.

They snuggle with each other, look out into the tunnels - play mouth to mouth now. It's a riot. Each day - each hour they seem to change and I rather find that to be fun.

Two of them hit the pad consistently today - another two - once. The half masked gal goes from one side of the pen to the other to get to the puppy pad. Will she keep doing it? Can't say but we will keep watching and moving and teaching. That's what our job is and yours when they come to you. It's all about consistency.

We will be bell training your dogs. You may want to try this as well. We use this method for the adults and the pups will learn from them but they do ring it when they just want to go out but they learn it is also a signal to say - I need to go. We then treat only when they use it to go out to go. Check out the bells here. You can make them yourselves or buy one in your own colours.

If you want one and can't find where to get them - send us mail - darlah@potechin.com or nathan@potechin.com.

Now back to the pups who arer really playing up a storm after feeding.

1 comment:

  1. Darlah,
    In response to the bells - I got a recommendation that cow-style bells are better than the 'jingle' bells because there is a danger that little claws can get caught in the holes on 'jingle' bells. We also use a bell at the door, and we just bought a couple of $2 parrot toy bells from a pet store (in the bird section) and they work great!
    Jen Cresswell

    ReplyDelete