Saturday, July 11, 2009

Ruff Life Talemaker Havanese

I tell you, eat, sleep, try to walk and build those muscles up and then lay back and have a siesta. It's tough being a dog around here.

Wasabi is now relaxing and allowing Fiona to be in the room. Treasure smiles in the most curious way when she sees the pups. Kat sniffs and stares at them at times. Risa wants to be in with them always.

Mom is relaxing and that's a good thing. They know when all is well.

The puppies all have their eyes open but one - the gal who looks a lot like Wasabi. It doesn't mean a thing. I suspect that she will have hers open by tonight. Eyes open between 10 to 14 days and it will be 14 just after midnight for her. Remember - they were all born on the 27th and 28th over that midnight stretch but CKC (yes I already registered the litter asks you to pick one date or the other. I guess it is too complicated for them to get the reality that some were born before midnight and others after.

We picked the 27th but I will write on those with the 28th babies a notation on your paperwork so you know the real date and exact time. :-)

I have to tell you, it's going to be a hard 10 weeks - well 8 weeks more for us. I hold and snuggle and smell that puppy breath and watch the personalities as minute as they are - you still get an inkling and I melt and fall in love.

They are precious.

Their ears mustn't be opened yet as the crack of the thunder and lightening storm today was pretty spectacular and not a reaction. I mean - me who LOVES these storms reacted to one that was too close for comfort.

Puppies...gad they are wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment