Sunday, September 13, 2009

Havanese Puppy Heaven

Each day I take out all the bands from Fiona's hair - brush and comb her out thoroughly and put them all back in.

She gets messy looking easily as you can see in the photo. She most often looks a mess. But for hours after I groom her - well she looks like my Fiona without a care in the world. Her Daddy would say - ahem - she looks like MY Fiona.

But she loves the grooming time.

She has also allowed herself time to be away from the pups when they are quiet. She's not as frantic. She doesn't want to be far. She won't let the other dogs near her babies but she also wants the "I count" in her life. I 'get' that!

Beyond grooming, feeding, weighing pups and cleaning - what else is there? We condition the pups to being touched. We make sure Fiona knows she is amazing. We also must clean her diligently. They can have a discharge for up to 2.5 weeks. It's my usual to clean her each time she goes outside and every time I pick her up.

These pups suck like no tomorrow as I am always protecting hickey marks - catching them before they become issues.

She's so gentle with them. It's wonderful to watch.

You can click on any of the photos in our areas to see larger views.

Today she is allowing Abigail, Shoshi, and Wasabi to be in the room where the pups are - my office. Not in the actual pen but outside of it. She's relaxing but not enough that she lets her guard down.

I think I have bragged before that she's such a great mom but it's absolutely true!

No comments:

Post a Comment