Friday, September 11, 2009

A Mother's Love

I look at Fiona and my heart melts - truly. She looks at those pups as if to say - Mommy - Daddy - look what I did and they are mine!

She gently kisses and cleans them and nudges them and just stares at them.

They can't make a peep without her running to their side to make sure they are perfectly happy.

So, I groom her where she can watch the puppies.
I take all her ponytails out, clipping them with scissors as it is easier - brush out and put them all back in.

Fiona is such a tiny thing - she's back to her 9 lbs. I make sure she gets a massage each day and lots of snuggles and I tell her how wonderful she is in so many ways.

Anyone who has had babies knows the toughest part of being mom is not counting in the equation. For us, it is important that she knows she is amazing and by doing so - she rises to that level of security that is important for 1st time moms.

Oh, I did it with Wasabi who had a litter previous but that first time mom - well you never know how it will turn out and Fiona IS AMAZING.

Pups are getting tummies. The cream has gold in it. The one black appearing one has brown and white - the other seems to be not black at all - just appearing so at this stage. Oh and they have white socks like great grandma, Risa.

They appear to be the strongest little things you ever did see...not wanting for nothing.

Ah...puppies again!

No comments:

Post a Comment